While both, Klaviyo and HubSpot, are excellent platforms geared toward growing businesses, there are key things that separate them. These mainly include some features, integration options and pricing, all of which will help you decide which is better for your ecommerce business.
But before we discuss the different features, integration options and pricing, let’s first discuss the similar features, which are plenty.
As competitors of the same industry, both platforms provide some very similar features that are essential to any modern automation software and email marketing platform. These include features like:
- Very user-friendly, What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG), email editors and options
- Email templates made for various email campaigns
- Dynamic content and email personalization options
- Automated triggered emails based on pre-specified criteria
- A/B testing, or split testing, options for emails
- Segmentation and contact database organization
- CRM led integration options
- Lead nurturing email campaign options
- Necessary components for drip campaigns
- Performance reports, with metrics including delivery, open, bounce, and CTR
- Compliance with the CAN SPAM Act of 2003
While there are many similar features, there are also many differences.
The major differences between the features of the platforms include:
Features Unique to Klaviyo
Klaviyo offers some very good ecommerce features because, unlike HubSpot, they are a platform solely focused on ecommerce businesses. These include:
- Comprehensive integration with eCommerce platforms including major ones like Magento, WooCommerce, Shopify and BigCommerce
- Pre-designed segmentation based on customer browsing behavior, purchase frequency, purchase size and acquisition source
- Built-in abandoned cart email series
- Triggered autoresponder emails that go out based on customer purchase history
- Automatically generated product recommendations in emails (very useful cross-selling option)
Features Unique to HubSpot
While Klaviyo has some features focused on ecommerce businesses, HubSpot has a few features that are difficult to come by with Klaviyo. These mainly have to do with the fact that the HubSpot email marketing software is easily integrated with their Sales Hub, Marketing, CMS and free CRM software.
These enable some useful features, including:
- Customer surveys
- Data quality management
- Marketing lead database
- Easy planning of email campaigns
- Email conversion rate optimization
- Using email activity for grading and lead scoring
- Email marketing for webinars and events
- A variety of integrations
Speaking of integration, let’s discuss the difference in integration options of both the platforms.
As mentioned previously, Klaviyo’s integration options include all of the major eCommerce platforms, including Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, BigCommerce, and Amazon Marketplace.
You can also easily integrate with smaller eCommerce platforms such as Aftership, ReCharge, Privy and Yotpo. One practical integration of Klaviyo is with Facebook’s Custom Audiences, which allows you to go further than email and personalizing Facebook ad practices.
Apart from the seamless internal integration options with HubSpot, users get the option to integrate with more than 200 software. These include automation, lead generation, ecommerce, CRM, analytics, sales and live chat software, among many others.
Additionally, Hubspot’s open API gives you the ability to create custom integrations. If you get HubSpot Sales Pro, you get increased integration options. You can integrate your lead management system with call and meeting scheduling to trigger email series.
You can even integrate your one-off sales team emails sent within Gmail or Outlook, which helps organize all important contact information in a single place.
The tier pricing on both platforms depends on software features, the number of contacts you add and the number of emails you send. This enables you to pick and choose according to your requirements, goals and overall marketing budget.
Pricing for Klaviyo
Klaviyo offers a free tier plan for email marketing, allowing you to send 500 emails per month to up to 250 contacts or subscribers. The free tier lets you use their features for free, customize email templates and import and sync customer data.
The next tier plan, costing $30 per month, is for unlimited emails to up to 1,000 contacts and support in the form of email and live chat. The next tier plan offers the same support and unlimited emails for up to 10,000 contacts with a price bump to $150 per month.
Things change once you have 100,000 contacts because then Klaviyo limits you to only one million emails per month, costing $1,200 per month. They offer relatively flexible pricing, and you can learn more about their features, costs and even the potential ROI by using their online pricing calculator.
Pricing for HubSpot
HubSpot offer their CRM as a completely free tool, and this includes a variety of free Marketing, Sales, and Service tools. HubSpot email marketing has recently (2019) been added to their list of free marketing tools.
The free HubSpot email marketing tool works for up to 1,000 contacts, allows you to send up to 2,000 emails per month and includes:
- A variety of email templates
- Drag-and-drop feature in the email editor
- List segmentation options including 5 smart lists and 25 static lists
- Post-send analytics to help you better understand how well your emails are performing
- Emails optimized for mobile users
HubSpot offer three paid plans to those who want to go beyond 2,000 emails per month and 1,000 contacts. The Starter Plan costs $45 per month and starts at 1,000 contacts with all the free tools and features plus some useful features like Ad management, conversational bots, forms and landing pages.
These are very useful features for attracting audience attention and convert leads. Next, the Professional Plan costs $800 per month, starting at 2,000 contacts and includes everything from the Starter Plan plus features for optimizing conversion rates, organically growing visitors and automating and personalizing marketing.
It also gives you the option to build custom reports for better measurements and analytics of your marketing. Lastly, the Enterprise Plan costs $32,000 per month, starting at 10,000 contacts and includes all the Professional Plan features plus all other HubSpot features.
These features help you analyze revenue through advanced reporting options and manage your brand and teams much more efficiently. You can calculate your costs, using HubSpot’s Marketing Hub pricing calculator, based on services, add-ons and the number of contacts you require for your business.